Summer is here bringing with it warmer temperatures and increased humidity, both of which can spike your home energy use. Here are a few tips to help keep energy costs down while staying cool:
- Switch to LED lightbulbs to reduce home heat buildup.
- Use ceiling fans or portable fans to keep cool. Don’t forget to turn fans off when you leave a room.
- Change your home’s air filters regularly to help your HVAC system work more efficiently.
- Make sure furniture or curtains do not block vents.
- Cook on an outdoor grill instead of indoors with a stove or oven.
- Weather-strip or caulk around window and door frames to prevent air leaks and keep cooled air inside your home.
- Have your home’s HVAC system(s) serviced by a licensed HVAC professional to ensure your system is operating as it should be and will get you through all those dogs of summer that are still ahead.
Air Masters can service your units and/or provide a quote for a new energy-efficient system. Give us a call today.