Energy Savings Tips for Fall
Now that the temperatures are dropping and the days are growing shorter here are a few tips to help you save on your energy bills.
Heating: The cost to heat your home accounts for close to half of your energy bill in the winter. Follow these energy-saving tips to help reduce that cost:
- Set your programmable thermostat to 68 degrees for daytime and lower to 55 degrees at night. If you don’t already have an energy-saving programmable thermostat in your home, call us and we can install one for you. There are many available to fit most budgets. Many are ‘smart’ thermostats that you can access from your computer, cell phone, or other device.
- Have your heating system(s) serviced yearly by a licensed technician. Ask us about our Residential Maintenance Agreements to ensure your home’s heating (and cooling) systems are operating at optimal efficiency.
- For maximum energy savings install a new heating system with annual fuel utilization efficiency (AFUE) 90%+. Washington Gas is currently offering a $300 Rebate for customers who upgrade or replace their system with a new 90-Plus gas furnace. This time of year most manufacturers also offer promotional pricing on new equipment making upgrading a wise decision.
- Replace or clean air filters regularly.
- Seal and insulate air ducts that run through unheated spaces.
Northern Virginia – Fairfax County, Loudoun County & Prince William County. Within 25 miles from our base in Centreville
Financing with Wells Fargo Financial